Simple operation – installed electronic equipment:
- ensures simple and easy training and operation,
- prevents and forgives driver's mistakes,
- ensures simple and easy service.
Rear hydraulic ramp ensures rapid crew embarking and disembarking and transport of the cargo.
- independent wheel suspension,
- electronic engine control,
- central Tire Inflation System,
- two steered axles with steering brake,
- antilock brake system (ABS),
- self-recovery winch,
- patented system ADM® automatically adjusts drive train to the terrain type,
- all differentials - 100 % positive lock,
- hydrodynamic primary retarder and ventilated disc brakes on all wheels for maximum deceleration,
- amphibian operation with minimal preparation.
High crew safety:
- add on modular armour with level 4 (STANAG 4569) protection (cal. 14,5 mm x 114 API/B32),
- additional spall-liners,
- low silhouette - small target,
- double hull floor with special designed bottom plate for mine protection against 8 kg AT mine under any wheel (level 3a STANAG 4569),
- Life Support System (LSS) - NBC overpressure protection system, ventilation, air-conditioning,
- automatic fire extinguishing and suppression system,
- all drive train components and steering linkages fully protected inside the hull,
- low emission paint with 50% less thermal signature, developed in Slovenia.
- with C-130J, C-130J-30, IL 76, A-400, C-5 Galaxy.
Rapid and simple maintenance:
- easy access to all major components,
- quick power-pack removal (20 min) and re-mounting (20 min),
- possibility to start the Power pack outside of the vehicle for easy service,
- maintenance and repair diagnostic system also for field repairs,
- computer based training system,
- common parts between VALUK 6x6 and KRPAN 8x8 up to 40%.
Modularity and versatility
Vehicle's modular design enables mounting of a light and heavy weapon systems. Armament type is adapted to the vehicle mission:
- armoured personal carrier (APC),
- infantry fighting vehicle (IFV),
- vehicle for direct or indirect fire support,
- command vehicle and other variants made according to the user requirements.
Mission readiness :
- simple and easy training and operation,
- clear and ergonomic layout of all man/machine interfaces for quick understanding,
- high degree of availability with minimal maintenance effort and simplicity in maintenance operations,
- cost-efficiency in operation, maintenance and servicing (low POL consumption, mainly commercial off the shelf drive train components used).